Pediatric Dentistry in Shelby Township, MI
Specializing in Pediatric Dentistry conveniently located in Farmington Hills and Shelby Township
Looking for a dentist you can trust to take care of your child’s teeth? Assaf Dental is a trusted provider of pediatric dentistry. We specialize in providing children with the highest quality dental care in a safe and comfortable environment through our team of experienced and compassionate dentists. We offer a variety of services, from preventative care such as exams and cleanings to more advanced treatments like crowns and root canals. In order to make sure your child feels at ease during their dental appointments, we take the extra mile to make them feel relaxed.
From routine checkups and cleanings to more complex treatments, our skilled & experienced team at Assaf Dental, located in Farmington Hills and Shelby Township are here to provide your child with the personalized care they deserve.
What does a dentist do for children?
Children can receive a wide range of oral health care services from a dentist. A dentist may perform the following specific tasks for children:
- Routine checkups and cleanings: Dentists will examine a child’s teeth and gums to check for any problems or issues that need to be addressed. They may also clean a child’s teeth to remove plaque and tartar, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Cavity fillings: If a child has a cavity, a dentist can fill the hole in the tooth with a special material to restore it to its normal shape and function.
- Extractions: If a tooth is too damaged or infected to be saved, a dentist may need to remove it.
- Orthodontic treatment: Dentists work with children who have misaligned teeth or jaw problems to straighten their teeth and improve their bite. This may involve the use of braces or other orthodontic appliances.
- Emergency care: If a child has a dental emergency, such as a knocked-out tooth or a severe toothache, a dentist can provide prompt care to alleviate pain and prevent further damage.
Overall, a dentist’s primary goal when working with children is to help them maintain good oral health and prevent future problems from developing.
10 common Dental Problems in Children
- produced by bacteria in the mouth.
- Gum disease: Children’s teeth and gums can get infected if not taken care of properly.
- Toothaches: Kids can get toothaches from tooth decay, an abscess, or other issues.
- Cavities: Cavities are holes in the teeth caused by tooth decay and can cause toothaches.
- Misaligned teeth: Some kids have crooked or misaligned teeth, which can make chewing and biting difficult.
- Thumb sucking: It’s a normal habit for kids, but prolonged thumb sucking can make teeth and jaws misaligned.
- Mouth breathing: Kids who breathe through their mouth instead of their nose may have dry mouths.
- Teething: When kids’ teeth come in, they may feel uncomfortable and irritable.
- Trauma: Kids can get injuries to their teeth from falls, sports, and other things.
- Early or late tooth loss: It’s possible for kids to have problems with their permanent teeth if they lose their primary teeth too early or too late.
Overall, it is important for children to receive regular dental checkups and care at Assaf Dental in order to prevent or address these and other dental problems.